Thursday, April 26, 2012

What i was thinking when i married Tom

Tom when the man caught my eye so many years back i could not help but try to talk to him. I was supposed to waiting for Gatsby, but who knows how long he will be gone, or if he will even come back from war alive. Even if he did end up coming home alive, there is a chance that he might be greatly injured, and i am not up to trying to take care of a man for the rest of my life. On the other hand, Tom is quite and attractive man, and he is rich. There is the saying that "rich girls don't marry poor boys" and that is exactly where i am headed with Gatsby. After a little bit of consideration, i decided that i was going to go out with Tom, and he turned out to be a better man than i thought. I did love him, and i think he would make a good father to my children. Gatsby will have no problem finding some other women, and no doubt will end up happy with whatever he ends up doing. It is better for everyone if i marry Tom, especially for me because i will end up rich and happy. I will definitely end up so much happier if i marry a rich man rather than end up with a poor man trying to make a living. Marrying Tom is my best bet to end up happy.

1 comment:

  1. Tom (Carrie Dukes)
    I was so happy that you chose to marry me instead of Gatsby. I fell in love with you as soon as I saw you for the first time. I knew I was better for you than Gatsby because I was rich and could buy you anything you wanted. We went through some tough times when you started seeing Gatsby but in the end you still were with me and made me very happy.

    ReplyDelete