Monday, April 16, 2012

Why I went to Nick's house and why I stayed

When Nick mentioned that I should come over to visit him for lunch, I graciously accepted, not knowing what I just got myself into. I knew that Gatsby was going to be there, and I wanted to see him, as crazy as it sounds and know for sure that all the feelings that I had for Gatsby were gone. I had even told Nick this too, the part about Gatsby's and my love being a burnt out candle. Within the first few minutes I was sure I was right too! Gatsby was so awkward I did not know what to do or say. I just knew that this meeting was important to him, and it was the least I could do to not leave a minute early, I owed him that much. Eventually, Nick left for a little but, and while he was gone, the old Gatsby, the one I fell in love with when I was a young girl was back. I could tell Nick could see the love radiating from me when he looked at me, and even more so right when he left us alone again when Gatsby started playing the piano. I feel like I am a teenager again, falling in love fast, way to fast. The whole meeting with Gatsby, I seemed to have forgotten about Tom. My love for Gatsby totally erased him from my mind. Once the dinner and everything was over, and I had left and regained my composure I finally realized that I have a serious problem on my hands. I love Tom, but now I see that I have rekindled my love with Gatsby, and I can see this might have a terrible ending if I do not play my cards right.

No comments:

Post a Comment